Our books are currently open
Here is our Enrolment Form – you may print, complete, sign, and scan (if you not using a proper scanner the photo needs to be upright, cropped, clear and not grey) and email (via our contact form below), fax (09-5256887). Alternatively you may post (Ellerslie Medical Centre, 41 Robert Street, Ellerslie) the completed and signed form to us.
The form includes important medical details, consent for transfer of old GP notes, and our debt policy. Please also include a copy of your passport, birth certificate and any relevant visas so we are able to access Ministry of Health funding for you.
We realise this is inconvenient for you, but please understand that we are required by Ministry of Health to follow this for every enrolment. Without proof of eligibility we cannot apply for the subsidised rates and we are not able to prescribe funded medication or order funded laboratory investigations.
Our practice belongs to the Procare PHO (primary health organisation).
A person is fully eligible and entitled to enrol if he / she is residing in New Zealand and:
- a) Is a New Zealand citizen OR
- b) Holds a resident visa or a permanent resident visa (or a residence permit if issued before December 2010)
- c) Is an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident AND able to show that his/her total stay in New Zealand is or will be at least 2 years OR
- d) Has a work visa/permit and is able to show that he/she is able to be in New Zealand for at least 2 years (previous permits included) OR
- e) Is an interim visa holder who was eligible immediately before their interim visa started OR
- f) Is a refugee or protected person OR is in the process of applying for, or appealing refugee or protection status, OR is a victim or suspected victim of people trafficking OR
- g) Is under 18 years and in the care and control of a parent/legal guardian/adopting parent who meets one criterion in clauses a–f above OR
- h) Is 18 or 19 years old and can demonstrate that, on 15 April 2011, he/she was the dependent child of an eligible work visa/permit holder (visa must still be valid) OR
- i) Is a NZ Aid Programme student studying in New Zealand and receiving Official Development Assistance funding (or their partner or child under 18 years old) OR
- j) Is participating in the Ministry of Education Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship scheme OR
- k) Is a Commonwealth Scholarship holder studying in New Zealand and receiving funding from a New Zealand university under the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Fund.
Mon-Fri 8am - 5:30pm
After hours: call (09) 5796147 to talk to a registered nurse for advice, Attend an A+M, or your hospital in emergencies.
Our books are open