To enrol please fill out the enrolment form and return it via the contact form below, post it to us (Ellerslie Medical Centre, 41 Robert Street, Ellerslie, 1051), or drop it off in person. If scanning the printed PDF then it needs to be upright, cropped, clear, and not grey. Please see below for eligibility documentation which MUST accompany the form. We are not allowed to enrol without the eligibility documentation as below.
Please note, the enrolment process can take up to 5 working days. We regret that we are unable to book you an appointment until the enrolment process is complete NB DURING THE OMICRON SURGE IN MARCH 2022 WE HAVE INCREASED DEMAND AND ANTICIPATE ONGOING STAFF ABSENCES DUE TO COVID ILLNESS, THUS THIS WAIT MAY BE LONGER. HOWEVER WE WILL PRIORITISE NEW BABIES BORN TO PREVIOUSLY ENROLLED FAMILIES.
Other Important Information
- Please make sure you are eligible for subsidised care, you can read more about understanding fees and enrolment.
- Please include a copy of an identity document for confirming eligibility for funded services, such as a passport (expired NZ passport is ok, doesn’t need to be current) or birth certificate. A driver’s license copy is not sufficient.
- If you are not an NZ citizen then please include any relevant visas so we are able to access Ministry of Health funding for you if eligible.
- Please read this information on Use and confidentiality of your health information
We realise these documentation steps are inconvenient for you, but please understand that we are required by Ministry of Health to follow this for every enrolment. Without proof of eligibility we cannot apply for the subsidised rates and we are not able to prescribe funded medication or order funded laboratory investigations.
Our practice belongs to the Procare PHO (primary health organisation).
A person is fully eligible and entitled to enrol if he / she is residing in New Zealand and:
- a) Is a New Zealand citizen OR
- b) Holds a resident visa or a permanent resident visa (or a residence permit if issued before December 2010)
- c) Is an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident AND able to show that his/her total stay in New Zealand is or will be at least 2 years OR
- d) Has a work visa/permit and is able to show that he/she is able to be in New Zealand for at least 2 years (previous permits included) OR
- e) Is an interim visa holder who was eligible immediately before their interim visa started OR
- f) Is a refugee or protected person OR is in the process of applying for, or appealing refugee or protection status, OR is a victim or suspected victim of people trafficking OR
- g) Is under 18 years and in the care and control of a parent/legal guardian/adopting parent who meets one criterion in clauses a–f above OR
- h) Is 18 or 19 years old and can demonstrate that, on 15 April 2011, he/she was the dependent child of an eligible work visa/permit holder (visa must still be valid) OR
- i) Is a NZ Aid Programme student studying in New Zealand and receiving Official Development Assistance funding (or their partner or child under 18 years old) OR
- j) Is participating in the Ministry of Education Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship scheme OR
- k) Is a Commonwealth Scholarship holder studying in New Zealand and receiving funding from a New Zealand university under the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Fund.